EarthMat Eco Fabric Weed Mat - 18" x 18" Conservation Size$7.50
EarthMat Eco™ Fabric Weed Mat - Conservation Size
The GreenTerra EarthMat™ is a fully degradable weed barrier that is made from post-consumer recycled synthetic and natural fibers. The EarthMat is a non-woven fabric mat, allowing air and water to penetrate the soil. This offers distinct advantage over solid plastic mats, which heat up the soil and block moisture. The EarthMat lasts 3-4 years before breaking down, lasting for the entire establishment cycle of high-value tree and shrub crops. With a physical weed barrier present, the need for herbicides is drastically reduced.
The EarthMat Eco is an affordable solution for forestry plantings and difficult-to-access sites, as 4 times as many trees can be protected for not much more cost than one Original EarthMat. The EarthMat Eco has a center X slit which allows it to be placed over the top of tree seedlings with ease while maintaining integrity of the mat.
- Prevents Weed Growth
- Eliminates need for spraying herbicides
- Allows Air and Water to penetrate soil
- Attracts moisture from the air
- Keeps the root zone cool
- Will not leach toxins into the soil
- Does not contribute to root rot
- Easy to install
- Environmentally Sound
- Lasts for the entire establishment period of plants before degrading
- 100% degradable in 3-4 years
- Habitat Restoration
- Food Plots
HOW TO USE
- Trim existing weeds down to soil line around plants
- Place the mat over the plant, inserting the plant through the center "x" slits.
- Pin down the mat with non-galvanized landscape staples - Use 8 staples for the Original EarthMat and 4 for the EarthMat Eco.
- Place a tree tube, wire cage or other animal barrier around the plant, if desired.